One Plus 6 was received quite well by critics this year and like every year, OnePlus packed the best hardware available for Android phones and priced the OP6 nominally, undercutting many flagship phones. Delivering flagship performance at not so flagship prices.
Given that the One Plus 6 is very well known phone, it enjoys a massive developer community. The Unofficial build of LineageOS 16 is available for the phone. It is based on Android Pie and is ported by Senior XDA developers LuK1337 and luca020400.
This build includes all the main features of Android Pie, including gesture controls, sound control and adaptive battery among other things. LineageOS has a stock android experience, so fans of stock Android will be pleased.
You actually need to be on the official Android Pie open beta build from OnePlus and have it flashed on both A/B partitions. You can download it here.
- Download and install the latest Blu Spark TWRP here. TWRP is required to flash the ROM.
- Press power and volume down button at the same time and boot into recovery.
- Proceed to Wipe System and Data from the Wipe option in TWRP.
- In this step you have to flash the Open beta zip file from TWRP and then flash the Blu Spark TWRP again.
- Get back in recovery and repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Finally, wipe System and Data and then proceed to flash LineageOS 16.
- Reboot to recovery again and then flash GAaps for Google functionality and Magisk for root access. You can now reboot the device. *Please use the ARM 64 Android Pie version of GApps.
The ROM is pretty much stable, although as reported by XDA, Snapchat for some reason isn’t working yet. You can install the stock Google Cam for improved camera functionality. As stated above, LineageOS is almost stock, so the experience is similar to Google’s version of Android Pie.
These screenshots are from the second Android Pie beta build of Hydrogen OS on my One Plus 6, but these changes will be similar to Lineage OS as both are almost stock skins. Although the emergency option is missing from the Power button option on the LienageOS.
If you want to use Android Pie, it’s better to get the second open beta build directly from the OnePlus forums and install it from the update option in the systems menu on the phone. This way you will retain L1 status on Widewine, allowing you to stream HD content on Netflix and other streaming services. But if you want to try LineageOS, this is a great build.