All Android devices come preloaded with a universal Email application that is capable of handling any and all Email accounts. This Email application can allow a person to access, manage and use any Email account from any Email service provider in the entire world.
The Email app is, indeed, extremely useful, which is what makes the applications tendency to, like all other Android applications, crash and force-close all the more aggravating. The Email application can, sometimes, crash and greet the user with an “Unfortunately, Email has stopped unexpectedly” error message.
The following are some of the most effective fixes that can be used to fix the “Unfortunately, Email has stopped unexpectedly” error:
Fix 1: Restart the device
Restarting an Android device can not only put its Operating System in order but can also, in most cases, get rid of errors like the “Unfortunately, Email has stopped unexpectedly” error.
1. Hold down the Power button of the affected device until the shutdown menu appears.
2. Tap on Restart.
3. Confirm the action and allow the device to restart.
Fix 2: Clear the device’s RAM
1. Locate and open the RAM Manager of the affected device.
2. Tap on an option that reads Clear memory or something similar.
Fix 3: Clear the data and cache of the Email app
Clearing the data and cache of any app deletes any and all corrupted data pertaining to it, allowing it to run freely and smoothly without crashing ever so often.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Open the Application Manager of the affected device.
3. The Email app happens to be a preinstalled system application, so swipe over to the All
4. Look for and tap on Email.
5. Press Force stop and confirm the action.
6. Scroll down a bit and tap on Clear cache.
7. Tap on Clear data and confirm the action.
8. Run the Email app, and it should be as good as new.