Steam Deck Client Beta update has been released, bringing in new features and workarounds to Valve’s portable console.
The latest update, which is limited to the Beta and Preview channels since it contains features that are still being tested, adds a Sucheng (Quick) keyboard for Traditional Chinese to the overlay as well as an Achievements page. A few other issues have been addressed, as detailed in the update notes.
This update contains additional features that are still in diagnostics. This can be enabled in Settings > System > Steam Update Channel.
- Added Sucheng (Quick) keyboard for Traditional Chinese (requires Preview channel)
- Added Achievements page to overlay (while in-game press Steam button)
- Fixed notification for claiming digital rewards firing endlessly for some customers
- Fixed Night Mode automatically kicking in, even if the toggle is set to OFF
- Fixed desktop mode keyboard sometimes failing to show or dismiss
These updates are solely intended to improve a consumer’s experience by releasing bug fixes and better optimization features. The updates will be tested once they have been implemented in all units following the end of their Beta period.