According to Bloomberg’s Jason Schreier, the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake has been postponed. According to the report, Aspyr Media sacked the Game’s Design Director Brad Prince and Art director Jason Minor earlier this month.
NEWS: The Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic remake is indefinitely delayed, Bloomberg has learned. Developer Aspyr abruptly fired two directors this month and told staff that the project is on pause as it tries to figure out what comes next. https://t.co/3NUlKkenR6
— Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) July 26, 2022
The widely anticipated remake, developed by Aspyr Media, was formally revealed last year, but Bloomberg now claims that the project has been placed on hold and that the game’s design and art directors have been abruptly sacked. According to sources close to the project, the game’s development was halted after the team showed a demo known as the “vertical slice” to Sony and Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC.
“Developer Aspyr abruptly fired two directors this month and told staff that the project is on pause as it tries to figure out what comes next.”
-Jason Schreier, Bloomberg
The fate of the remake is now unknown, according to a report by Bloomberg, although some people think that Aspyr’s parent company, Embracer Group, will be giving the project to one of its other businesses, Saber Interactive.
During Sony’s PlayStation showcase in September of last year, the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake for the PlayStation 5 and PC was formally unveiled. A release date had not yet been specified.