The Oukitel K6000 Plus is a newly released budget-range Android phablet, which sports the MTK6735 chipset that is popular in most budget devices. While the devices specs are nothing fancy, it boasts a 6000mAh battery with an estimated 365 hours of standby life, and it can also charge other devices via a reverse cable.
In this guide I will show you how to root the Oukitel K6000 Plus, so read on below for the steps.
ADB Method Requirements:
- Begin by installing ADB on your computer, if you don’t have it already.
- Copy the SuperSU .zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Now go into your device’s Settings > About Device > tap 7 times on “Build Number”, this will unlock Developer Options.
- Go into the Developer Options and enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Go into the main folder where ADB has been installed, and hold SHIFT+ Right click, and then select “Open a command window here”.
- Now connect your Oukitel to your PC via USB, and accept the pairing dialogue from ADB.
- Do a quick test to make sure your device is fully recognized, type into the ADB terminal: ‘adb devices’. The ADB terminal should display your device’s serial number.
- If successful, the next step is to reboot your phone into bootloader mode. Type into the ADB terminal: ‘adb reboot bootloader’.
- Now copy the TWRP .img file to C:\ADB (or wherever your ADB folder is located).
- Type into the ADB terminal: ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp31jemini.img’
- ADB will begin the copying process, and when it’s done, we can now reboot your phone into recovery mode. Do this by holding Power + Volume Up, and choose “Recovery Mode”.
- Now you will see a bunch of Russian text. If you speak Russian, skip this step, but if you don’t, follow me closely. Tap the third button in the second column, then the globe icon in the top left, and finally tap ‘English’ in the bottom left. The recovery mode should now be in English.
- Now we’re going to install SuperSU to actually root the device. Inside TWRP recovery, tap Home > Install > select the SuperSU .zip file, and confirm the installation.
- When SuperSU is finished installing, tap ‘Reboot’, and have a bit of patience, because your device may take a while to reboot the first time its rooted.
Enjoy your rooted device!
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here