The Lenovo Phab PB1-750M is an entry-level Android device that enjoys popularity due to its large screen size, and LTE compatibility. Android enthusiasts who want to root their Lenovo Phab PB1-50m can find all the necessary tools and instructions here in this guide.
Optional: Full OTA firmwares, in case of emergency. These can be installed via recovery.
- The first step should be installing ADB and Fastboot on your computer, and then placing the TWRP image file inside the root directory.
- Now we need to unlock your bootloader, so on your device go to Settings > About > tap ‘Build Number’ 7 times until Developer Mode is enabled. Then go into Developer Options and enable “Allow OEM Unlocking”.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB, and copy SuperSU .zip to your Lenovo Phab’s storage.
- Now hold Shift+right click inside the root directory of ADB, and choose “open command window here”.
- Type the following commands into the ADB terminal: adb reboot bootloader
- Once your Lenovo Phab reboots into bootloader mode, type into ADB terminal: fastboot boot twrp.img
- This will prepare to load the phone into TWRP custom recovery – it’s not actually installed on your phone, its running from the .img file inside the ADB directory.
- If you want to permanently install TWRP on your Lenovo Phab, you can do so with: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type into the ADB terminal: fastboot reboot
- Once you’re inside TWRP, go to Install > choose the SuperSU .zip and swipe to confirm installation.
- After SuperSU has successfully flashed, you can reboot the device via TWRP’s Reboot > System. It may take up to 15 minutes to completely boot into the Android system, just leave your device alone.