The Lenovo Phab PB1-750M is an entry-level Android device that enjoys popularity due to its large screen size, and LTE compatibility. Android enthusiasts who want to root their Lenovo Phab PB1-50m can find all the necessary tools and instructions here in this guide.
Optional: Full OTA firmwares, in case of emergency. These can be installed via recovery.
- The first step should be installing ADB and Fastboot on your computer, and then placing the TWRP image file inside the root directory.
- Now we need to unlock your bootloader, so on your device go to Settings > About > tap ‘Build Number’ 7 times until Developer Mode is enabled. Then go into Developer Options and enable “Allow OEM Unlocking”.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB, and copy SuperSU .zip to your Lenovo Phab’s storage.
- Now hold Shift+right click inside the root directory of ADB, and choose “open command window here”.
- Type the following commands into the ADB terminal: adb reboot bootloader
- Once your Lenovo Phab reboots into bootloader mode, type into ADB terminal: fastboot boot twrp.img
- This will prepare to load the phone into TWRP custom recovery – it’s not actually installed on your phone, its running from the .img file inside the ADB directory.
- If you want to permanently install TWRP on your Lenovo Phab, you can do so with: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type into the ADB terminal: fastboot reboot
- Once you’re inside TWRP, go to Install > choose the SuperSU .zip and swipe to confirm installation.
- After SuperSU has successfully flashed, you can reboot the device via TWRP’s Reboot > System. It may take up to 15 minutes to completely boot into the Android system, just leave your device alone.
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here