Even though the HTC Explorer (A310E) was released in 2011 and was designed to be a low-budget, low-end Android Smartphone to satisfy the needs of the Asian Smartphone market, the Smartphone, to the entire world’s surprise, has managed to withstand the winds of time quite splendidly. It has been 4 years since the HTC Explorer, also known as the HTC Pico, was introduced to the masses, and thanks to the ability to root Android Smartphones and the wide variety of custom ROMs available for the HTC Explorer, the device is still a viable choice for a Smartphone for everyday use. What follows is a complete guide that can be used to root an HTC Explorer (A310E) and unlock its true potential.
What to do before Rooting Your Device
- Charge your device to at least 70%.
- Back up any and all valuable data stored on the internal memory of your device as rooting the device may corrupt or delete the data stored on its internal storage drive.
- Unlock your device’s boot loader.
What You Will Need to Root Your HTC Explorer
- zip – http://www.4shared.com/file/KalrHXNj/Superuser.html
- The recovery file for the HTC Explorer (A310E) – http://www.4shared.com/zip/920-kXYc/HTC_Pico_RecoveryBoot_with_ext.html
How to Root Your HTC Explorer
- Extract the HTC Explorer recovery file to your computer’s Desktop.
- Copy the Superuser.zip file to your HTC Explorer’s SD card.
- The folder that you just extracted to your computer’s Desktop will contain a file named “Recovery.bat”. Run the file in fast boot mode.
- Boot the phone up into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time while the device is powered off.
5. Navigate to the ‘Install .zip from SD card’ option using the volume rocker and select it using the power button.
6. Find the Superuser.zip file that you copied to your phone’s SD card and flash it onto your phone.
7. If all goes well, the next time your HTC Explorer (A310E) boots up, it will be rooted.
This should fix the issue. However, if it doesn’t feel free to post in the comment section below for further assistance.