Well! It’s time for another Apex Legends special event and this time Respawn is giving us something centered on Wraith. Octane’s special event gave a section of the map a great makeover and players can expect something similar with the Voidwalker event.
From September 3 to the 17 we’ll be running our next event for Apex Legends called Voidwalker. Centering around Wraith’s mysterious past, this themed event will be introducing lots of awesome content including a new town takeover, a limited-time mode, challenges, and more.
Additions With The Voidwalker Event
- Wraith town takeover – Syndicate construction crews have unearthed part of a decayed Project: Wraith facility in Kings Canyon. Jump in to discover for yourself the mysterious remains of the research site, including a functional prototype portal that can be used to get an early jump on the base – or to escape and reinitiate skydive. And be sure to keep an eye out for other hidden lore details.
- Limited-time mode – Armed and Dangerous -In the same spirit of Wraith’s escape, we’re introducing a brand new LTM, Armed and Dangerous, where weapons are limited to snipers and shotguns while overall loot is much harder to come by.
- Exclusive event challenges -Complete a variety of challenges to earn exclusive skins and Wraith-themed content. All challenges and rewards will be limited to the two-week event.
- Direct Purchase Shop – As a tie in to the short, we’re adding a set of themed cosmetics such as the Voidwalker Wraith Legendary, which includes a custom character select animation.
- Double XP for Top 5 and Wins Weekend – From 10:00 a.m. PT on September 6 to 10:00 a.m. PT on September 9, players will earn double XP for Top 5 finishes and wins. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.
Okay so Octane’s map makeover was themed around a stunt arena with jump pads all over, with wraith Respawn is going with a Secret Facility theme which apparently will have portals. Some of the portals can help players escape from tough situations and reinitiate a sky-dive.
Now coming to the new mode, we have something called Armed and Dangerous. It sounds like an exciting concept and players will be limited to snipers and shotguns as their primary and secondary weapons. Respawn also mentions very limited loot, Io I am guessing low-tier armor drops with sparse healing items?
Finally, we will see much-needed changes to cosmetic pricing in the store. Legendary items will be priced at 20$ US (1800 Apex Coins) and other themed items will be priced at 5$ US (500 Apex Coins). Timed Event items will be available for purchase in the normal store after 6 months of the event, so players will get another opportunity to score the cosmetics they miss.
This should adequately quell concerns with cosmetic pricing in the store and most players will be happy with the recent changes coming from Respawn. You can read the complete Event Log here.