If you keep getting notifications from SLU_Updater, in most cases, you’ve been infected with a malware or you’ve installed the Stagelight software by OpenLab. SLU_Updater usually keeps telling you to download it. As a malware, it has the ability to access your clipboard and keyboard strokes.
This guide involves 3 methods in removing SLU_Updater. You can do this by scanning with an anti-malware program like Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner or uninstalling it from the Programs section.
Scanning with an Anti-Malware Application
There’s a possibility your computer is infected with malware. If your antivirus hasn’t notified you about it yet, it’s time your perform a full scan on your system. SLU_updater should be removed after the scan is complete and the appropriate actions are taken.
Using Malwarebytes Antivirus
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking this link.
- After downloading it, install it from the download directory.
- Go to Scan Tab > Custom Scan. Check all the boxes in the left pane and select your drives on the right pane.
- Click on Scan and then Quarantine All after the scan finishes.
- Download Adwcleaner by clicking this link.
- After downloading it, run it from the download directory.
- Click on Scan and wait while the cleaner scans the computer for malware and potentially unwanted software
- After the scan is complete, click on Clean and then OK to reboot and complete the removal.
- You’ll be presented with a list of all the malwares removed by the application after the removal is complete.
Method 2: Removing SLU_Updater.exe From Program and Features
If you installed any application from OpenLab, used for making music, you can remove it and subsequently SLU_Updater if you don’t need it.
- Press the Start button, type Control Panel, and then press the Enter key.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features and search for Stagelight by Openlabs.
- Select the program and then click Uninstall. Follow the steps in the uninstaller to remove the application.
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here