If you keep getting notifications from SLU_Updater, in most cases, you’ve been infected with a malware or you’ve installed the Stagelight software by OpenLab. SLU_Updater usually keeps telling you to download it. As a malware, it has the ability to access your clipboard and keyboard strokes.
This guide involves 3 methods in removing SLU_Updater. You can do this by scanning with an anti-malware program like Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner or uninstalling it from the Programs section.
Scanning with an Anti-Malware Application
There’s a possibility your computer is infected with malware. If your antivirus hasn’t notified you about it yet, it’s time your perform a full scan on your system. SLU_updater should be removed after the scan is complete and the appropriate actions are taken.
Using Malwarebytes Antivirus
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking this link.
- After downloading it, install it from the download directory.
- Go to Scan Tab > Custom Scan. Check all the boxes in the left pane and select your drives on the right pane.
- Click on Scan and then Quarantine All after the scan finishes.
- Download Adwcleaner by clicking this link.
- After downloading it, run it from the download directory.
- Click on Scan and wait while the cleaner scans the computer for malware and potentially unwanted software
- After the scan is complete, click on Clean and then OK to reboot and complete the removal.
- You’ll be presented with a list of all the malwares removed by the application after the removal is complete.
Method 2: Removing SLU_Updater.exe From Program and Features
If you installed any application from OpenLab, used for making music, you can remove it and subsequently SLU_Updater if you don’t need it.
- Press the Start button, type Control Panel, and then press the Enter key.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features and search for Stagelight by Openlabs.
- Select the program and then click Uninstall. Follow the steps in the uninstaller to remove the application.