Domain name is like a unique address and a representation of your presence on the web with which people identify your business.
In the ever-changing era of technology many of us and the rest of the world have become so used to the internet that we want everything to be available quickly and in a matter of few clicks.
Once your domain is registered your business will immediately open itself up to the web.
Previously only top-level .com and .net were the most popular ones where .com stands for commercial and .net for Network but now there are many other TLDs available such as (.london, .club, .web, .shop, .online, .blog).
One of the oldest established and credible domain registrars are GoDaddy though there are many others but i prefer GoDaddy due to it’s reliability and long-term presence in the market and the security procedures to prevent unauthorized access to my account.
Registering a domain name is very simple.
1. Decide on a name you wish to register.
2. Go to the GoDaddy.com website.
3. Enter your domain name and press the Search Domain button.
4. If your domain is not available, you will be presented with a list of similar domains that are available if you do not like any of those you may search again. It is hard to find a single word domain now a days BUT you may find yourself lucky if you do. I had to search for 2-3 days to find a good name and unfortunately i had to come up with a word of my own which is “appuals“.
5. Once you have found the domain name, follow the instructions on screen.
6. You may be presented with addons such as hosting, e-mail etc. Make your selections and proceed with instructions presented on screen. After the payment is made, you will be notified by e-mail and on-screen that your domain is registered.