Ubisoft has released a new update for Rainbow Six Siege, Patch 2.4 Year 4. There are some considerable changes including a couple of Nerfs and Buffs. Let’s talk about Glaz first, the operator underwent a huge nerf at the start of the current season where opponents weren’t highlighted through his scope when he moved. This change made Glaz a very underpowered operator and his win rate had taken a dive. Ubisoft is countering that by giving back Glaz his see-through ability on a timer, movement time before complete vision is lost is now 6 seconds and the speed at which the vision penalty is applied when rotating has also been slowed down.
Coming to the next nerf, it’s been applied to shield operators in the game. Both Montagne and Blitz are very powerful operators when played right, sometimes countering them even for skilled players is hard. Ubisoft wants to balance it by increasing the hip-fire cone. This means there is a bigger spread while hip-firing. Ubisoft has also nerfed Echo’s drone slightly, the disorientating effect from the drone only lasts 7 seconds now, a cut down from 10 seconds.
In R6S, the external sound doesn’t propagate well in sealed-off rooms, this was great for Maverick players because they were able to make the initial hole with their blow torch without making any sound. This meant unsuspecting defenders were unfairly taken out, Ubisoft is now adding a crackling effect to the torch sound so locked in defenders are alerted.
After the pick and Ban implementation in Ranked Mode in R6S, some operators are being explicitly banned. Ubisoft is making changes to those operators so people are more comfortable facing them in a game. Jackal is one of those highly banned operators and Ubisoft is reducing his active pings from 5 to 4. Nokk is another operator getting a big change. As you can see from the chart below, both her pick rate and win-delta are very low, to counter this Ubisoft will give her an increase in ability duration (12 seconds) and will also increase her refill timer to 12 seconds.
This covers most of the major changes, you can read the rest below. For the official changelog, see this.
- Addition of further RFF parameters to take into account damage history to a player from the offender over multiple rounds in a match.
- Continued chip damage to an individual from another teammate over several rounds will stack RFF points more quickly.
- Putting a teammate into DBNO will activate RFF.
- Reviving the DBNO teammate will remove the RFF activation.
- Bleeding out from DBNO will prompt the dead player to mark the TK as intentional or not.
IDLE KICK TIMER
- Idle kick warning timer will display 10 seconds before a kick.
LAN VOICE CHAT
- LAN/Offline modes in-game voice chat has been removed for optimization purposes.
- PvP/Online voice chat will not be affected.
- Hip-fire cone increased.
- We have standardized the hip-fire penalization when you have a Ballistic Shield equipped. Having a shield equipped will now increase it by the same amount. Spread has increased for every Operator when a shield is equipped, but Fuze, Montagne and Blitz will be the most impacted by the change.
BALLISTIC SHIELD MELEE
- Performing a melee attack with a Ballistic Shield equipped will now only injure and DBNO the opponent, instead of killing them.
- The new changes for melee attacks while using a Ballistic Shield will impact Blitz, Fuze, Montagne and Recruit.
- Reduced Yokai Sonic Burst disorientating effect base duration to 7 seconds (down from 10s).
“We are running low on AAA batteries, so to save energy we’re tuning down Yokai’s power a bit.“
- Reduced time it takes to trigger the vision penalty when moving or rotating, lowering the overall vision penalty when moving.
- Movement time before complete vision is lost is now 6 seconds (up from 2.5s).
- The speed at which the vision penalty is applied when rotating has also been slowed down.
“Glaz has been feeling a bit left out so we gave him some incentive to join the party.“
- Reduced the number of pings from a scan to 4 (down from 5), reduced time being tracked by 5 seconds.
“You can rest easier now. Maybe.“
- Modified breaching torch sound SFX.
- Breaching torch sounds will now be easier to hear when Maverick is making a hole close to you.
Can you hear me now?
- Increased Nøkk’s ability duration to 12 seconds and increased the refill timer to 12 seconds.
- With the longer duration, and cooldown, you’ll be able to better leverage her ability.
“As per the law of equivalent exchange, you can now spend longer being spooky, but also spend longer getting a full refill.”
- FIXED – Under certain circumstances, after emptying the magazine, weapons cannot be reloaded.
- FIXED – After joining in progress, any Yokai drones or hacked Mozzie drones outside will not display the jammed VFX to the player who joined midway.
- FIXED – Missing SFX for Clash when equipping her CCE Shield.
- FIXED – Sometimes placing Mira’s Mirror on a reinforced wall may not breach both sides of the wall.
- FIXED – Players can spawn peek the Docks.
- FIXED – Starting any situation after completing a Custom Online game will start a Thunt Lone Wolf on the same map and mode as the Custom Online game.
- FIXED – Players are unable to reconnect to a Ranked session via the dynamic Play button and remain in queue unless they relaunch.