Parental controls are features that can be found within digital television services, video games, software, mobile devices, and computers. This feature is used by the parents to restrict the access of content to their children. Amazon prime video is an American video-on-demand service that many families use to watch videos. However, the parental controls for Amazon Prime Video aren’t enabled by default. The user must set up the parental controls manually in the account settings. In this article, we will show you the settings for setting up the parental controls for Amazon Prime Video.
Setting Up Parental Controls for Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video has a parental control feature that helps the users to restrict the videos according to age. A user must set up a pin code before setting up the parental controls for Amazon Prime Video. This pin code can be used to unlock the restrictions on a video. There are also options available for selecting different kinds of devices that are connected to the same account. Some devices can also be excluded if the user doesn’t want to put age restrictions on them. Users can also set up the parental controls for the device that they are using for Amazon Prime Video. Follow the below steps to set up parental controls for Prime Video:
- Open your browser and go to the Amazon Prime Video web page. Log in to your Amazon account.
- Click on the Account icon and choose the Account & Settings option.
- It will ask the password for confirmation to move to the next page.
- Click on the Parental Controls tab and type a new Prime Video Pin code. Click on the Save button after creating a new pin.
- More options will appear below that you can choose according to your preferences. You can set the age restriction and device restriction as shown below:
- The parental controls for Amazon Prime Video are successfully set up.