New Valorant Patch 2.03 Nerfs Reyna, Buffs Yoru
A series of balance changes for agents and weapons are coming to Valorant as part of its latest update. Patch 2.03 for Riot Games’ competitive first-person shooter delivers much-needed nerfs and buffs to Reyna and Yoru, respectively. Additionally, the new update marks the release of Escalation, the game’s first limited-time mode.
While the primary changes nerf Reyna’s ability to chain kills by using multiple charges of her abilities, she also received a minor buff that will promote team-play.
- Maximum Devour(Q) and Dismiss(E) charges reduced from 4 to 2
- Slain enemies that Reyna has damaged in the last 3 seconds now drop Soul Orbs, even if Reyna does not land the killing shot
- Cost of Devour and Dismiss charges increased from 100 to 200
Riot says the changes will limit Reyna’s “pubstomp potential” but will still allow her to dominate with her ultimate ability active. Furthermore, the price changes will force “tougher economic decisions during pistol round” as she won’t be able to purchase both abilities and pistol upgrades.
“While we investigate future changes to Yoru that target his power and ability to achieve his core promise, we wanted to make a few changes that we felt would improve his use today,” explains Riot. “Gatecrash wasn’t providing much information about when enemies could see or hear his teleport fragment, so we added a few pieces to make that easier.”
- Gatecrash now displays the range at which the tether can be seen by enemies while moving on the minimap
- The range that enemies are able to hear the audio of a Gatecrash teleport is now displayed on the minimap
- While in Dimensional Drift, Yoru’s minimap is now visible
- Enemies within Yoru’s vision range, while in Dimensional Drift, are now revealed to ally minimaps, as well
- Dimensional Drift can no longer body block enemies
Other notable changes part of patch 2.03 include price changes for the Marshal, Frenzy, and Stinger. The Marshal has a deeper zoom when scoped in and players move faster when scoped in. Stinger fire rate has been reduced and the recoil pattern was adjusted.
Head here for the full list of patch notes.