Microsoft Launcher is a launcher for Android developed by Microsoft. The launcher was formerly known as Arrow Launcher and it started as a Microsoft Garage project. After the death of Windows 10 Mobile, Microsoft saw the importance of maintaining it’s ecosystem on other platforms Microsoft Launcher does just that. The Android app enables Microsoft to bake in all of its services and various apps into one single app: Microsoft Launcher. It’s a great alternative for users who have migrated from the old Windows 10 Mobile platform to Android.
Microsoft Launcher beta v5.3
Today, Microsoft released a new beta update for the Microsoft Launcher for Android. This update sports a new Time/Weather widget redesign. It seems that Microsoft is paying more attention to their widgets lately. Just yesterday, Microsoft also rolled out an update for the Outlook Android app in which the calendar widget was tweaked. You can read more about that here.
The beta update allows you to have multiple widgets all in multiple sizes with different styles. Microsoft-To-Do integration was also improved as Task cards now support “My Day” and “Flagged Emails.” There were also some new font tweaks as they changed the font type from Segoe UI to Roboto. Ther news tabs now adds “Technology” as a news interest,
Full Change Log :
- Time/Weather widget redesign- Now you can have multiple widgets in multiple sizes in multiple styles for multiple locations! Also, check out the updated and more detailed L2 page with hourly and 10-day forecast.
- UX refinements to the Home Screen, Dock and Search widget
- Tasks card now supports “My Day” and “Flagged Emails” from Microsoft To Do
- News tab now supports “Technology” as a news interest
- Font type changed from Segoe UI to Roboto
- Work profile customers can now get access to their work apps
- Beta community link in Settings changed to lead to Microsoft Tech Community
You can read more about the new update here.
The update is currently only available to members of the Microsoft Launcher beta, If you are a member of the Microsoft Launcher beta program, you can download the new update here. A public release of the new update is expected in the next day or two.