Microsoft has recently added “Code Connection” a Minecraft plugin, to the Windows store, it was released on May 22nd 2017 but was recently added to the store.
Code connection helps students learn coding by connecting popular programming platforms to the game. You can now use the code you write in Make Code, Scratch and Tynker in Minecraft. Once the Code connection plugin has been installed the code builder can be accessed in-game by typing the command “/code” in the command console. After selecting a service from the drop down menu you will be greeted by a game character called Agent which can be coded to perform various activities from mining to building to farming.
Microsoft has also added a tutorial called “Agent trails” to help you get started. This in-game tutorial will cover the following topics –
- Going forward
- Moving your agent using turn commands
- Mastering vertical movement
- Putting directional movement together to get the full spectrum
- Teaching the Agent to move and destroy items
- Automate the farming function
- Collecting materials
- Building a simple shelter with your agent
- Creating in a sandbox area
Code Connection only runs on Windows 10 along with it you will need the latest versions of Minecraft and Minecraft Education Edition.