In the August Round-up of latest updates to Microsoft Teams, Keara James in her blog revealed various features which are now available in the app.
Latest update makes communication more effective with convenient translation of a message into the user’s chosen language.
Important Notifications in ‘Do not Disturb’ mode
Now users will be able to focus on a task but still have people reach them through setting their status to ‘Do not disturb’ and still receiving calls and one-on-one chats from certain numbers and people.
Solution for Bandwidth Constraints
In case of bandwidth constraints, users can now simply share their PowerPoint file. Participants in their team will be able to look through the slides conveniently without having to miss anything.
Auto Attendant and Call Queues
Auto Attendant and Call Queues can be received and answered directly from Teams now.
In addition to this, collaboration within teams and customization with third party integrations is now more efficient owing to the following new updates:
- A free version of Microsoft Teams is now available in forty languages worldwide. It includes unlimited chat messages and search option, built-in video and audio calling for groups and individuals and also includes full team meet ups.
- Users can now access their private channel wiki pages in the new Wiki app. The personal wiki can also be accessed from anywhere in Teams by simply using the /wiki command.
- New apps including BitBucket, MailClark, Jira and others have been added to the Teams experience to enhance collaboration. Each app has different features to offer for the team participants.
New Features for IT admins
Several new features have been introduced exclusively for IT admins including:
- Call Analytics Dashboard is fully integrated that provides an overview of meeting and call quality
- Updated organization settings and user level policies
- Convenient access to Teams and Skype for Business Admin Center
- Usage Analytics for Microsoft 365 in Power BI is generally available now. It includes a Team usage report for better understanding of how employees are utilizing various capabilities through Teams chat, meetings and channels.
- Ask Me Anything web session has been introduced where Teams marketing and engineering team will be providing users with answers.
New Capabilities on Teams Android and IOS apps
- Users can now share a PowerPoint file during a meeting or a call and view meeting notes on their mobile device.
- Incoming calls can be forwarded to the call group and calls can be immediately transferred.
- Videos can be shared in chat from the mobile’s picture gallery and a channel’s email address can be copied for forwarding emails directly to channels.