Microsoft Bing Partners With Verizon To Become their Exclusive Advertising Platform

Binge Ads was previously serving ads on Yahoo only

Microsoft and Yahoo have had quite a history in the past. Back in 2015, Microsoft and Yahoo renewed their deal allowing the latter to monetize through their ad platform. And now Microsoft has struck a deal with Verizon where Bing Ads will now serve as an exclusive advertising platform for all Verizon properties including Yahoo and AOL.

Microsoft’s Partnership with Verizon

All the properties of Verizon will now feature ads from Microsoft’s Bing Ads. Previously Yahoo was building a platform where 49% of ads were through other partners. The remaining 51% of ads were from Bing Ads. But now the new deal with Verizon will supersede all the previous deals and any share of Yahoo’s ads.

Now all the properties of Verizon including,, AOL mail, Yahoo Mail, Tech Crunch, Huffington Post, and others will now only run ads from Bing Ads. All the organic results and ads on any of these properties of Verizon will be served by Bing Ads. The changes in ad serving will also an impact on search ad buyers as well.

The new search mechanism under Microsoft Bing Ads can help to reach audiences through one platform only. Microsoft expects that the result will be about an increase of clicks by 10 – 15% in the United States alone. The partnership will make it easier for the marketers to manage and analyze their advertising campaigns. Marketers will get a more deep understanding of audience with the help of artificial intelligence and Microsoft Graph.

Kya Sainsbury, VP Global Partner Service Microsoft, in a blog post wrote user privacy will be the key for them. She further said that Binge Ads will continue to have an eye on budgets to keep a check on the increase and decrease in click volume. The full transition of worldwide traffic is expected to be completed by March 2019. Both Verizon and Microsoft are hopeful of bringing more such possibilities to their clients.

Bill Wilson
Bill is a certified Microsoft Professional providing assistance to over 500 remotely connected employees and managing Windows 2008 to 2016 servers.