A new Windows 10 Mobile update created a mail notification issue with Outlook for some users. Affected Lumia users reported this after installing a new Windows update, which led to no sound notifications for email accounts but the unread email count displayed on the lockscreen. For some other users, the Mail tile doesn’t update unless resized. Unfortunately, resetting the device won’t solve the issue.
There isn’t any known cause of the issue and there’s neither a specific update which caused the problem, but in the article, we’ll provide a couple of fixes and workarounds that should solve the problem for you.
Method 1: Fixing Mailbox Notifications
- Open the mailbox whose notifications you want to fix, go to its Settings > Notifications and tick Apply to all Accounts.
- Open the main Settings app and select notifications+actions.
- Select the mailbox whose notifications you want to fix. This can be either Outlook or a specific mailbox.
- Enable Show in action center, check Show notification banners, and then choose a Notification sound.
Method 2: Fixing Sound Notifications
- Tap and hold the account from the Start Screen (Live tile screen) and select Unpin.
- Swipe to the all apps section and open Outlook Mail
- Tap the hamburger menu button on the upper left corner, and press and hold on each account to pin them back to the Start screen – this solves the issue of the mail tiles not updating on the live tile screen screen.
- Go to Settings > System > Notifications and actions and scroll until you find Outlook mail. Toggle it on and tap Outlook mail to get into its settings
- Here, set the Outlook Mail sound to default and then you can choose to set specific alert sounds for each account in this same Window.
Method 3: Adding Outlook Mail to the Lock Screen
- Swipe to the all apps section and open the Settings app
- Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen
- Choose apps to show quick status and then add Outlook Mail in one of the empty slots.
- Reboot your phone for the changes to fully take effect.