The LCore.exe is the executable file for the Logitech Gaming Software. It is required by a number of Logitech devices, from mice and keyboards, to headsets, in order to let users of these devices to enjoy their advanced functionalities, such as macro keys etc.
This issue with LCore.exe slowing down your system and crashing appears with users who have the Logitech Gaming Software along with nVidia 320 series drivers. There is a known conflict between them, and there is no known solution at this point. The issue exists with all versions of Logitech’s software.
Method 1: Disable/uninstall Logitech Gaming Software
Even though this is not a solution, but instead a workaround that will render the advanced functions of your hardware pretty much useless, until a better fix comes out this is the only thing that you can do to avoid the conflicts between the two drivers.
- Open the Control Panel by pressing the Windows key and typing Control Panel, then opening the result.
- Switch to Small Icons or Large Icons view near the right top corner, and open Programs and Features.
- Find the Logitech Gaming Software, select it, and select Uninstall from the toolbar. Reboot your device if necessary in the end, to save the changes.
Method 2: Roll back to nVidia’s 314 WHQL drivers
This is another workaround, which will give you all the functions you paid your Logitech hardware for, but you will notice significant performance loss, due to the fact that you’re using old drivers that aren’t optimized as well as the new ones.
- Press the Windows key, type Device Manager and open the result.
- Expand Display Adapters, and right-click your nVidia graphics card, then select
- Go to the Driver tab, and select Roll back driver. Follow the wizard and reboot when it’s done.
- Repeat the third step as many times as necessary until you get to the 314 WHQL
At this point, there is no solution that will fix the driver conflict without a significant compromise and loss in either performance or functionality. However, until that fix comes, here are a couple of methods that you can try in order to be able to get the maximum out of your hardware – try them and fix your issue.