Airpods are the wireless Bluetooth earbuds designed by Apple in 2016 to be used with the different Apple products. They provide you with the ability to listen to any of your favourite audios and that too without any noisy interruptions. These Airpods also have a built-in microphone that lets you answer your phone calls and also allows you to talk to Siri (Apple’s voice assistant). Moreover, these earbuds are specially designed to fit in your ears very easily because of their customizable shape.
These Airpods are such a small gadget that it is not difficult for us to place them somewhere and then forget. However, if these Airpods ever get lost, it naturally gets very frustrating to use our devices without getting distracted especially when we are in a public place. However, you do not have to worry about this thing any longer because Apple has provided us with a way to find our lost Airpods. In this article, we will explain to you the method through which you can Find your Lost Airpods using Find my Airpods feature.
NOTE: The following method will not work if your Airpods are not connected with any of your Apple devices, are out of range, or are placed in an enclosed Airpod case.
How to Locate your Lost Airpods using Find My Airpods?
In order to locate your lost Airpods using Find my Airpods, you will need to perform the following steps:
- On your iPhone, tap on the Find My app in order to launch it.
- Once the app is launched, you need to sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- After a successful sign-in, under My Devices section, tap on the name of your Airpod.
- As soon as you will tap on it, a map will appear on your device’s screen informing you about the last known location of your device.
- Now there can be the following two possibilities: Either your lost Airpods will appear with a green dot or with a grey dot. A green dot means that your Airpods are online and they are also charged whereas a grey dot indicates that either your Airpods are offline, are out of battery, are enclosed in the Airpods case or are out of range.
- Tap on Actions in order to take an appropriate action depending upon the state of your Airpods.
- If your Airpods are online i.e. they appear with a green dot, then you can either tap on the Play Sounds option or you can tap on the Directions icon. The Play Sounds option will signal your Airpods to start playing a sound so that you can easily locate them whereas the Directions icon will allow you to get the driving directions to the last known location of your Airpods.
- However, if your Airpods are offline i.e. they appear with a grey dot, then you will not be able to get any sound from them. The only option you have in this case is to tap on the Directions icon to get the directions to the last known location of your Airpods. In this way, you will be able to find your lost Airpods.
Depending upon the online or offline state of your Airpods, you can take the relevant actions from the ones described in the steps above and hence can easily locate your lost Airpods.