Latest AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition WHQL Certified Version Driver Update Addresses 40 Issues
AMD has released the latest update to the Radeon Software. After applying the update, the Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition will reach version 20.2.2. the company has confirmed that the update is targeted towards resolving recent important issues identified by the AMD and Radeon community.
After reportedly analyzing multiple posts mentioning issues with AMD Radeon Graphics Cards, and more specifically with the AMD Drivers and Software Platforms, the company has compiled the latest release of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition. The latest update to the software comes with about 40 fixes including some of the issues that were leading to reported black screens. AMD has indicated that not all of the issues were persistently visible, and not all users faced the same. In fact, the majority of the issues have been seen only intermittently by the community.
AMD Releases WHQL Certified Version Of Drivers And Updates Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition:
AMD has asked community members to submit a bug report and refrain from posting incomplete descriptions of issues on Reddit. The company has clarified that posting about issues through official and direct channels will get the needed immediate exposure and consequentially, they could be addressed on a priority basis.
You spoke, we listened. Today's certified release of our @AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Driver targets important issues reported by our community.
Read the latest update from the Radeon Software team.
— AMD Radeon (@amdradeon) March 5, 2020
Here are the highlights of the latest update to Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition and the associated drivers:
- Performing a task switch with some Radeon Software features enabled or some third-party applications with hardware acceleration running in the background may cause a system hang or black screen.
- Improvements have been made that allow for more responsive fan ramp up or fan ramp downtimes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report lower than expected clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products during gaming workloads.
- When Instant Replay is enabled, a TDR or black screen may occur when launching games or applications.
- A black screen may occur when toggling HDR on in the game settings of Battlefield V.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt may experience an application hang or black screen during certain parts of the game or intermittently during gameplay.
- Some video content in Chrome may appear as a black screen or be unresponsive on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products when hardware acceleration is enabled.
- Metro Exodus may experience an application hang or TDR when choosing some specific dialogue prompts in Sam’s Story DLC.
- Grand Theft Auto V may experience an application crash when invoking Radeon Software’s overlay with third-party OSD applications running.
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne may experience intermittent crashes while idle or on the character creation screen.
- Some games colors may appear washed out when HDR mode has been enabled in-game and Windows on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition は皆さんもう使ってますか？
— AMD Japan (@amdjapan) March 5, 2020
- After a Factory Reset installation with the ‘Keep My Settings’ option chosen, Instant Replay could fail to function if it was enabled in the previous Radeon Software installation.
- When invoking Radeon Software’s overlay while a game is open users may observe flickering in the game or in the Radeon Software interface.
- Radeon Software may experience a crash and error message when locking Windows or performing a sleep or hibernate with the Radeon Software Streaming tab open.
- A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
- Radeon Software may fail to launch if Radeon Software’s overlay is disabled and a game is running in the background.
- Battlefield V may experience an application hang or TDR after extended periods of play.
- Some Origin games may fail to be detected or may detect the incorrect game title in Radeon Software.
- Some productivity applications are being detected and listed in the Radeon Software games tab.
- The Radeon Chill hotkey could sometimes continue to remain enabled once the user has removed or disabled the hotkey.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may exhibit blocky textures on snow-covered terrain.
- After resuming from sleep, Chrome may experience an application crash if video content was previously playing on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Radeon FreeSync status in Radeon Software may sometimes fail to update when enabling or disabling the feature through the display itself.
- Fortnite may experience an application crash on Radeon RX 500 series Hybrid Graphics system configurations.