The most recent rendition of the Silent Hill series came out back in 2012. It has been almost 8 years since one of the best horror franchises laid down its product. Since then, Konami has been silent on regard to a sequel. While there have been many rumors, and we do mean many rumors, there has never been any consistency to them. Recently though, a couple of rumors surfaced which, claiming the sources, actually looked like they could amount to something.
The rumors suggested that the Silent Hill would be revived by SIE Japan Studio while Sony would be working on continuing the next edition of Silent Hills. This actually looked like this could be a legitimate claim, as the sources may have suggested. Therefore, a website, Rely On Horror interviewed the US representative of Konami, the company behind the original franchise.
Konami’s Reply To The Rumours
Konami on recent Silent Hill rumors:
“We’re aware of all the rumors and reports but can confirm that they are not true.”
— Nibel (@Nibellion) March 24, 2020
Upon questioning the representative, he replied that while these rumors were quite wild and out there, currently the company has no plans to actually work on any sequel at the moment. According to him, he was sorry about how it may make the fans feel though but the company’s current stance is to stay away from the project indefinitely. There, he said all these rumors are untrue. Adding this indefinitely because of what his email said later. Quoting him:
It’s not to say we are completely closing the door on the franchise, just not in the way it is being reported.
This means that while the company has laid rest to the franchise, for now, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel. Now, we do not know when this maybe but it is okay to hope, perhaps. As for the rumors though, according to this interview, one thing is quite clear. We should stay away from the rumors since the company’s official stance states that we won’t be seeing Silent Hill for some time (at least).