Previously, getting enrolled in the Windows Insider Program used to be a big hassle for Windows users. However, Microsoft simplified the process with the release of Windows 10.
Although the process is much simpler as compared to the past still, there are many technicalities involved in the process. Anyone who wants to join the Windows Insider Program needs a Windows 10 PC and a Microsoft Account.
If you are curious to test the latest Windows 10 Insider builds but don’t want to use your Microsoft Account, we have a solution for you.
A smart developer has developed a command-line script called Offline Insider Enroll to deal with this issue. It lets you enroll your device into Windows Insider Program without any Microsoft Account. However, the Telemetry requirement is still there for all Windows 10 users.
Before you begin the process, you need to make sure that the telemetry option is enabled on your system. To do this, open the Settings app by pressing Windows +I keys. Now go to Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback and set the diagnostic data setting to full. Now follow the steps mentioned below to be a part of the Windows 10 Insider Program.
Steps To Join The Windows 10 Insider Program
Note: It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your system before moving on to the next step.
- First, you need to visit GitHub to download the latest version of the script on your system. You can get the script and a readme file by extracting the archive.
- Now you need administrative privileges to run the script. Go to the folder where the script file is downloaded, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Once the script runs on your machine, you are required to select the Windows Insider Program Ring that you want to join.
- Press the letter against the option that you want to choose and press the Enter key.
- At this point, you will receive a prompt to reboot your device in order to enable Microsoft Flight Signing. This option is required for machines that are not already enrolled in the Windows Insider program.
Needless to say, there are times when you would want to avoid buggy patches on your production machines. The script allows you to block new Preview Builds and leave the Windows 10 Insider Program. If you want to use this option, simply restart the script and click “Stop receiving Insider preview builds”.
The script changes the Insider state of your machine by modifying the registry values. You may need to restart your system to complete the process. If you want to know the functionality of the script, the developer explains the details in the readme file.
This script is the best alternative for those who don’t really want to use their Microsoft Accounts to join the Windows 10 Insider Program. It also saves you from the hassle of creating a dummy account for that purpose. So, the hack comes to the rescue in that situation.