Error 7 (Windows error 126) is an iTunes error which pops up when you try to open iTunes or try to reinstall it in an attempt to fix it. In this guide, i will walk you through the steps to fix the issue. Before we continue, copy your iTunes library from the My Music and either put it in the same folder as a copy or to a backup / thumb drive just to be on the safe side. Technically, library is automatically imported back into iTunes.
You may see one of the following messages related to this error.
1. “iTunes was not installed correctly, Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows Error 127)”
2. “Entry Not Found” followed by “iTunes Error 7 (Windows Error 127)”
3. “iTunes point of entry not found”
This error appears when the installation files or registry entries are corrupted or damaged for some reason. Because Apple uses similar services for it’s other components such as QuickTime, Mobile Me it is impossible to pin down the specific program causing the issue.
Simply follow the steps below to fix this issue:
- Click Start -> Control Panel for Windows 7/Vista/Ultimate and If you’re using Windows 8 then hit the Windows key on keyboard (it is the one between besides the Alt key) on the left and type Control Panel to access Control Panel.
- Once in Control Panel; go to Programs & Features -> Uninstall a Program
- Type Apple in the search bar, and start uninstalling all the Apple Products it is showing as installed. Ensure that you remove all installed Apple products, including iCloud and Mobile ME Control Panels.
Once these are uninstalled, open windows explorer or browse to C:\ and delete the following folders.
- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
- C:\Program Files\iTunes
- C:\Program Files\iPod
- C:\Program Files\QuickTime
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple
- C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes
- C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod
- C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime
After all the above steps are performed download iTunes and re-install it.
Once the iTunes starts to work again; you can reinstall iCloud and QuickTime applications if needed.
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here