Apple continues to support its new iPhone XS and iPads with post-release updates. The latest comes in the form of iOS 12.0.1 that brings key position fixes and charging issue solution.
- Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices did not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
- Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz
- Restores the original position of the “.?123″ key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable
Apple was once known to roll out fully optimized and complete products but after Steve Jobs’ untimely demise, Apple’s quality and creative prowess have fallen. Apple’s iPhone XS released with an annoying issue with its charging. The machine won’t charge in Sleep mode. It was only after the user would tap on the screen that Apple iPhone XS would wake up to charge.
In some cases, the device won’t charge at all. Apple initially offered replacement devices to its consumers but the replacements reported the same problem. The good news with this update is that it confirmed that there is no hardware issue here.
A software update has created a fix for iPhone XS charging issue. It was original t believed that there is an issue with its charging pin and that stops working when in contact with the lightning cable.
Interestingly, the same issue didn’t affect wireless charging which is why it took a little while for the problem to be widely reported as most used wireless charging with iPhone XS.
The new devices are supposed to be improvements over their base models but there are more issues that improvements. Hopefully, future hardware upgrades would do better.