Having a contact on social media platforms can go south real quick – someone who is on your contact list can suddenly become aggressive, start harassing you or start sending you spam, or their account on that specific platform could become compromised in one way or the other. This can be a nuisance in the best cases, and a cause for worry in the worst ones. The developers behind every single social media platform out there are aware of this possibility or issue, which is why all social media platforms provide users with the ability to completely cut off specific users from their presence on the platform, basically blocking them.
In most cases, when you block someone on a social media platform, they can no longer contact you through the platform or see what you’re up to on the platform. Being one of the most widely used social media platforms in existence and a part of countless business environments all across the globe, Skype also provides users with the ability to block any Skype user they want to not have any interaction with on the Instant Messaging and calling platform. If you block someone on Skype and later want to unblock them, there is no need to fret as that too is entirely possible.
When you block someone on Skype, the person you block is no longer able to call or message you through the platform and is also unable to see your Skype profile (and status) or if you’re ever online on Skype. However, blocking someone who is in your Skype contact list does not remove them from your contact list. That being the case, if you want to unblock someone, you can simply unblock them from their listing in your Skype contact list, among other options. It should be noted, however, that unblocking users on Skype works a bit differently on the Android application for Skype than it does on Skype’s client for desktop computers. Without further ado, here’s how you can unblock people on Skype:
On a computer
If you’re using a computer and have Skype for Desktop, all you need to do in order to unblock someone you have previously blocked is:
- Launch Skype for Desktop.
- Click on your Profile Picture in the top left corner of your screen.
- Locate and click on Application Settings under the Settings section.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section and locate and click on Manage blocked users.
- Locate the Skype user you want to unblock in the list of users that you have blocked throughout the lifespan of your Skype account, and click on Unblock next to their listing. As soon as you do so, the selected contact will be unblocked and you will be taken to their Skype profile. The contact will now once again be able to contact you on Skype, see your Skype profile and see if you’re online on the platform.
If you’re using an Android phone or a tablet running on the Android Operating System, you will still have access to all of Skype’s features and functionality. This includes the ability to unblock Skype users you have blocked in the past. To unblock someone on Skype for the Android Operating System, you need to:
- Launch Skype on your phone or tablet.
- Search Skype for the contact you had previously blocked but now want to unblock.
- Look through the search results and locate and tap on the Skype user you want to unblock. Doing so will take you to the profile of the selected Skype person.
- Tap on Unblock. As soon as you do so, the respective Skype user will be unblocked.
Alternatively, you can also achieve the same end result by navigating to the People list on your Android phone or tablet, selecting the Skype contact you want to unblock, pressing the Menu button on your Android device or tapping on the Menu button (represented by three vertically aligned dots) in Skype, and tapping on Unblock contact to unblock them.