This article teaches you how to transfer your desirable music from your iPhone to your PC or Mac. You will need to install iTunes if you haven’t already done that. Also, you will learn how to make your music available on all your devices with iCloud music library.
Method #1- iTunes
Transfer your music
- Connect your iPhone to PC or Mac.
- Open iTunes – if you don’t have iTunes, install first. If you have it, check for updates (sometimes outdated version can cause problems)
- Click File. The first option of the top menu bar.
- Select Devices. When File drop-down menu opens, usually in the middle is located Devices option.
- Open Transfer Purchases from “iPhone”. You will see your iPhone name in the double quotes instead of: “iPhone”. Selecting this will start to transfer music from your iPhone to your computer.
- Wait until the process is finished. The transferring process could take a couple of seconds up to a couple of minutes, depending on the amount and size of the music files you need to transfer.
- Select Recently Added. It is located on the left side of the side menu. This tab opens recently added music.
- Select the music you want to save.
- Click download icon (). This selection will download your desirable music to the computer. If you can’t locate this button, the music is probably already transferred on your computer. You can see the location of saved music by selecting a song, then by clicking File, and select Show in Finder (Mac) or Show in Windows Explorer (Windows).
Download Already Purchased Music
- Open iTunes.
- Make sure you are signed in. Click Account from the top menu and look at the account that is signed in. If the account is not correct, sign in with the one from your iPhone, you need to enter your Apple ID email address and password.
- Select the Account menu and then Purchased. This option will take you to the iTunes Store tab.
- Select the Music tab.
- Select Not in My Library tab. This option will show a list of all your purchased songs that are not in your iTunes library.
- Click the download icon. You can see the location of saved music by selecting a song, then by clicking File, and select Show in Finder (Mac) or Show in Windows Explorer (Windows).
Method #2- Transfer your music with dr.fone and alternatives for dr.fone
Before explaining how to use dr.fone and other alternatives for iTunes, we need to inform you that the additional software may not be free. You must install the software on your computer and connect your device in order to start transferring music. We will list a few:
- Syncios iPhone Transfer Tool (Windows).
- CopyTrans iPhone Transfer Tool (Windows).
- AnyTrans (Windows).
- iExplorer iPhone Transfer Tool (Mac and Windows)
Basically, all the tools for transferring music are working in the same way.
- First of all, as said before, you need to install them on your computer.
- The second step is to connect your device
- Open dr.fone.
- Click on the Music tab. The Music tab will open all the music files that you have on your iPhone.
- Select the music that you want to transfer and click on the Export icon. Then, you can choose to export the selected files directly to PC or iTunes.
With these two methods, you can transfer music files from iPhone to your Mac or PC. But in my opinion, you should always try first with iTunes. iTunes is software that is originally intended for your iPhone, that is why is the best solution. Additionally, other software may be not free of charge.