This article shows you how to check whether or not the iPhone is locked by the carrier. The first thing to try, and the easiest, is to call your carrier and they will inform you about that. But there are many other ways that you can try to do in order to approximate your iPhone is locked or not.
Method #1 General Approaches
- Contact your network carrier. Contacting your network carrier is the most genuine way to determine if your device is unlocked. When you contact them, you need to provide them with any information they need in order to verify your iPhone status. (Probably you will need your iPhone IMEI number).
- Try to remember the circumstances under you bought your iPhone. You can also try to recall whether you bought your iPhone directly from Apple store or from a network carrier. If you purchased your iPhone from Apple, your device is unlocked, but if you have bought from a carrier with their plan, usually the device is locked.
- Check your iPhone’s service plan. You can check your plan in order to determine whether you are on pay as you go, prepaid or on two years contract. If you are on pay as you go or prepaid probably your iPhone is unlocked, but if you are on contract, your device can be locked.
Method #2 Check Your iPhone Settings
- Click on your iPhone Settings icon.
- Choose cellular. Depending on your language us or non-US, it can be Mobile data or Cellular data.
- Search for a Cellular Data Network option. If you did not discover this option, your device is locked. Otherwise, your device is unlocked.
Method #3 Use Different Network Carrier’s SIM card
- Buy new SIM card for another carrier. Also, you can use an old one, but it has to be from a different carrier. It doesn’t matter if it is prepaid or pay as you go.
- Turn off your device. In order to turn off your iPhone, you have to press and hold the Power button, until you see slide to power switch on the screen. Then slide to the right the power icon.
- Locate the SIM card slot.
- Use the SIM eject tool and push it into the small SIM tray hole. If you cannot find the SIM eject tool, you can use a paperclip.
- Remove the old SIM card and replace with the new one. Then slide the tray of the SIM back to the iPhone.
- Turn on your iPhone. Press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo appear on your screen.
- Open the Phone app and try to call some number. If you see a message that is requesting Activation code before you opened Phone app, your device is locked by the carrier. And also, if you did not get this message, but you see a message that says “Call cannot be completed as dialed” your iPhone is also locked. However, if you can call the dialed number without any message, your device is unlocked.