The ZTE Grand X View (K85) is a budget-range Android tablet that has been notoriously difficult to root through traditional methods – many users were trying one-click root solutions like KingRoot, with varying results.
Fortunately, there is now a recently discovered method for rooting the ZTE Grand X View with TWRP, SuperSU, and Magisk. If you want to root your ZTE Grand X View (K85), follow our simple steps below!
- First you should download the SuperSU and MagiskManager files, and copy them to your ZTE Grand X View’s SD card.
- Next install the ADB / Fastboot drivers from above – these are specific to the device we are working with.
- Connect your ZTE Grand X View to your PC via USB, and allow it to install the USB drivers (some users report needing to open the K85’s attached drive and manually run the .exe).
- Now turn off your ZTE Grand X View, and reboot into Bootloader Mode (hold Volume Down + Power buttons together). If you see a “Countdown to Auto-Reboot” screen, press Volume Up to stop it.
- Now copy all of the files from the ADB-FASTBOOT folder to the root of your C:\
- Go into your main ADB directory (C:\ADB for example), press Shift + Right click and choose “Open a Command Window here”.
- In the ADB terminal, type the following command:FASTBOOT -i 0x19d2 devices
- The ADB terminal should display “ZTEK85 is detected (ZTEK85 fastboot)”.
- Now copy TWRP files to main folder of ADB (C:\ADB for example).
- In the ADB terminal, type: FASTBOOT -i 0x19d2 boot ZTE_K85_TWRP_3.1.1-1.img <ENTER>
- Wait for about half a minute for the device to reboot, and you should be brought to the TWRP main menu.
- In the TWRP main menu, go to Install > SD Card > choose the SuperSU file and swipe to flash it.
- When its done flashing, reboot your ZTE Grand X View and then launch the SuperSU app. If you’re satisfied with using SuperSU, you can stop now, but if you want to replace it with Magisk systemless root, continue to the next steps.
- Open your file explorer and install the MagiskManager APK.
- Launch the MagiskManager app and choose “Install” and the last option in the menu.
- When its done, let your ZTE Grand X View reboot.
- Now launch the SuperSU app again, go into Settings, and hit the option to remove SuperSU / replace with different SU binary. Let your device reboot again.
- Launch the MagiskManager app to confirm you are rooted!