In this guide, we will show you how to flash TWRP and root the Samsung Galaxy A8+ with either SuperSU or Magisk. The choice of root method is yours, although we recommend Magisk.
Part of this guide involves wiping the storage of your phone. Make a backup of your important personal data before proceeding. Also have an original firmware ready to flash incase something goes wrong (boot loop after rooting, etc). Leave a comment if you experience any issues with the steps of this guide!
- Install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC, and extract Odin on your desktop. Save the TWRP img on your desktop as well.
- Transfer the RMM-State_Bypass.zip, no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip, and either SuperSU or Magisk (your choice of root method) to your SD card. For the Galaxy A8+, Magisk is likely the better choice.
- Navigate to Settings > About > tap Build Number 7 times to activate Developer Mode.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options > enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Turn off your Galaxy A8+, then boot into Download Mode with Volume Down + Volume Up + Power.
- Connect the phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch Odin on your desktop, and uncheck “Auto-Reboot” in the options menu.
- Click the AP tab, and choose the TWRP image file. Click “Start”.
- Odin will flash TWRP onto your Galaxy A8+, when its finished Odin will show “PASS” in green.
- Disconnect the USB cable and hold Power + Volume Down + Power Up until Download Mode disappears, then release Volume Down while keeping Volume Up and Power held down for about 10 to 15 seconds. This will force the Galaxy A8+ to boot into TWRP, do not allow your Galaxy A8+ to boot into Android system or it will re-lock your device!
- Once you’re in TWRP, swipe to allow modifications.
- In TWRP main menu, go to Install > External SD > choose the RMM-State_Bypass.zip you transferred earlier. Swipe to flash it.
- After it is flashed, choose reboot to recovery. Do not reboot to system!
- Now go to TWRP main menu > Format > Format Data.
- Your device will be factory reset.
- Now use the Install button to flash Magisk, followed by the dm-verity .zip.
- You can now reboot your Galaxy A8+. In the Android setup wizard, uncheck sending diagnostic data to Google / Samsung. You will find Magisk Manager app in your app list, to verify root status.