Snapchat is one of the fastest growing social networking application which is used by a huge following and is also loved by all. From Snapchat stories to sending private snaps to friends, people love using Snapchat. If you are a regular user of Snapchat, you might remember the ‘streaks’ that friends on Snapchats create. If not, this is what you need to know about ‘streaks’ Snapchat.
- Streaks are created on the basis of how often you and your friends exchange snaps on Snapchat. To keep a streak with a friend intact, you must snap each other within the next 24 hours, If one of you doesn’t, there, the streak is gone.
- The higher the streak, the more trophies you can collect.
- Everybody likes a huge number of streaks with their friends.
Reminder Emojis That Appear on Your Friends Chat When you Have Created a Streak
Snapchat likes to keep their users well informed about the situation, and that is the reason why these emojis might appear on your Snapchat right in front of your friend’s name in the chats screen which appears when you swipe left. Mainly, there are these three emojis, which you must know about so that you don’t miss out on the message that Snapchat is giving you.
- The ‘Smiley’ smiley
If a ‘smiley’ smiley appears in one of your chats next to the name of your friend, this means that you have been snap-ing this friend constantly. This is one of the earlier signs of creating a streak with a friend. If you continue to snap the friend, and your friend snapping you back on Snapchat, might lead you to start your own streaks. This also shows that this specific friend of yours is your Best Friend according to Snapchat since you both engage in Snapchat-ing so often.
- The ‘100’ emoji
The number 100, in a form of an emoji appears in front of your friend’s name, this is an achievement for you because you have successfully completed 100 days of Snapchat-ing. These are often paired up with the fire emoji, which in a way is Snapcaht telling you, ‘you are on fire’ with the snaps and is an indicator of your streaks, which is a good compliment and a word of motivation for you to keep going with your snaps.
- The Hourglass emoji
My favorite out of all the three emojis. Reason: I forget to keep a track of my streaks and hourglass is the best reminder a forgetful person like me, who could definitely use this reminder ina much productive manner. Like sending back a snap instantly to save the streak. And as I said I am a forgetful person, I see this hourglass son my Snapchat quite often.
I know so many people who are so particular about their streaks on Snapchat, that if the streak is about to die, they remind you to snap back for the streak to stay alive. But even after they have reminded you, and if you have lost your ‘streak’ on Snapchat, you still have a chance to retrieve it especially when the number is huge and you don’t want to give up all the hard work you have put in to keep the streaks alive between you and your friends. Here is how you can do that.
Few Reasons why People Lose Their Streaks on Snapchat
- The first and the most obvious reason why people lose a streak on Snapchat is that they were not consistent in their Snapchat-ing, that is, they did not reply to a snap with a snap within the 24 hours bracket, which is a major rule for keeping a streak alive once it has been made.
- Sometimes, applications have a bad server day, which leads the app to not work properly. And because the server was down or was not functioning accurately, the snap you sent to someone to keep the streak going, was not recorded by the server. This was not your fault, and thus, it can be retrieved through the following procedure.
A simple one-step process to Retrieve a Lost Streak
- Inform the Snapchat authorities through an email that your streak is not showing or has vanished, and their helpful customer service will help you through and give you your lost streak back.
However, this should not be done on a regular basis. Only on instances where it really is not your fault because of which the streak got lost, for instance, maybe the internet or the server for Snapchat was down in that moment which made you lose your streak. If you become too regular in losing streaks for whatever reasons, and then keep complaining about it to the authorities, there are chances that they will doubt your authenticity for the reasons why you lost the streak.
If you are serious about your Streaks on Snapchat and don’t want to lose them, there is just one thing that you can do. That is, keep snap-ing your friend on Snapchat.