A Clean boot is a good way of diagnosing, troubleshooting any sort of software conflicts or any sort of slow computer startup. This troubleshooting technique is used to help the user identify the problem with each component. However, some users will have a hard time not knowing how to reset the computer to start normally after applying the clean boot troubleshooting technique. In this article, we will show you the simple steps that you need to reset after using the clean boot.
Resetting the Computer to Start Normally After Clean Boot Troubleshooting
After using the clean boot users need to reset the computer back to a normal state to make things more stable. By using a clean boot we turn off services and many startup programs that may affect the usage of a computer. Follow the below steps to reset the computer to start normally:
Note: For Windows 7, you will need to use only the first two steps.
- Hold the Windows key and press R key to open Run. Type ‘msconfig‘ and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Select the Normal Startup option in the General tab.
- Go to the Services tab, uncheck the box for Hide all Microsoft services and click on Enable all button.
- Then go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager option.
- Click on the Startup tab in Task Manager. Now select your startup programs and enable them.
- Click Ok on Task Manager Window and click Apply and Ok for System Configuration window to apply changes. Restart the computer and it will start normally as it should be.