TidyNetwork is basically a browser hijacker, like mysearch, ask toolbar (the most popular one) which infects your web browsers. What it does is that instead of your default search engine, it redirects you through to their site so that any searches you conduct is accessed via their network which results in them getting paid for it. In this guide, i will list three steps where we will first do a comprehensive scan to get rid of all the malwares, adwares and spywares. Then we will run a dedicated cleaner which specifically targets Adwares, and lastly we will reset our web browsers to start fresh and leave no traces denying any chances to the adware coming back.
Comprehensive Scan with Malwarebytes
Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the link below, you can get the free version from their site or get the premium one for real-time protection or use the 14-day trial version (located at the bottom right) on their site. Unfortunately, Anti-Virus software’s like Norton, AVG and McAfee will not protect you from Malwares like ask which is the reason we need Malwarebytes to do a full scan. I highly recommend getting the premium version which will protect you in real-time from getting infected in future. The free versions are good for manual scan, but will not protect in real-time against future threats. If it is kept running on your system, you will be notified immediately with the Real Time scan feature, when a malware/adware attempts to get into your system.
After it has been downloaded install Malwarebytes, open Malwarebytes the icon should be on your desktop and go to the Scan tab, select Custom Scan and put check in all boxes in the left pane, in the right pane, select your drives and hit scan. This will take a couple of hours depending on the number of files on your system, after the scan has finished click “Quarantine All” and reboot your computer.
Next, Download AdwCleaner by Clicking Here The file will start to download automatically. After it has been downloaded, open it and click Scan, wait for the scan to finish then click Clean.
After cleaning is done, AdwCleaner will prompt you to restart your computer – reboot your computer and after the restart test it. At this point, ask and any other malwares will be removed from your registry, files and browsers. (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome).
Reset Your Web Browsers
1. Hold windows key and Press R
2. Type inetcpl.cpl
3. Click the Advanced tab, and click Reset
4. Put check on Delete Personal Settings, and hit reset again
Exit Google Chrome completely.
- Enter the keyboard shortcut Windows key+E to open Windows Explorer.
- In the Windows Explorer window that appears enter the following in the address bar.
- Windows XP:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8:
- Windows XP:
- Locate the folder called “Default” in the directory window that opens and rename it as “Backup default.”
- Try opening Google Chrome again. A new “Default” folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.
- Click the menu button and then click help .
- From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. …
- Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.