Avast is an Antivirus software that provides many additional features to paying customers on top of Virus and Firewall Protection. The Avast Safe Price is an extension/add-on that is installed automatically by avast. This extension is installed on both the free and paid version of the software. The purpose of the Safe Price Extension is to find the best offers on an item that you are purchasing online. When buying an item it scans the web and checks to see if a cheaper offer is available for that product.
Although this feature is useful to some customers, to most it is frustrating as their online shopping experience gets ruined with Avast scanning the web for every item they are buying. Therefore, in this article, we will guide you on how to permanently disable or delete the extension based on your preference.
How to Remove Avast Safe Price Extension From Firefox?
After experimenting with different methods to get rid of this extension, we came upon two of the most reliable ones that work for any version of Avast and Firefox. Based on your preference, you can choose whether to temporarily disable the extension until it is turned back on or to permanently delete it.
We can temporarily disable the extension until it is turned back on. For that:
- Open the Firefox Browser and click on the “Menu” button on the top right corner.
- Click on the “Add–Ons” option and then click on “Extensions“.
- Click on the “Safe Price” extension and select the “Disable” option.
- Restart Firefox and the extension will have been disabled.
Another approach that we can take to get rid of the Safe Price add-on is to delete it permanently from the Avast Software. This way it will never be re-installed again. In order to do that:
- Open Avast Anti-Virus Software and click on the “Menu icon” on the top right side.
- Click on “Settings“, select “General” from the left pane and select “Troubleshooting“.
- Uncheck the “Enable Avast Self Defense” and click on “OK“.
- Navigate to the Avast installation folder
Note: Usually it is C>Program Files> Avast
- Right–click on the “Safe Price” folder inside the avast installation folder.
- Select “Delete” and then click on “OK“.
- Now the extension has been permanently deleted from the browser.