Like many other applications, Candy Crush Saga also came preinstalled in Windows 10 due to its mass popularity. It can be a delight for those who play the game or may try playing it. But for those who do not like crushing candies that much, they will probably also not like Candy Crush Saga just sitting there on their computer and seeing its shortcuts everywhere.
As it is one of the core apps of Windows 10, you cannot just simply remove it from Add/Remove Features in the Control Panel. Although, there is an easier way to uninstall Candy Crush by Pressing the Windows key to bring up Start (Search) menu and then type Candy Crush Saga.
- In the search results, Right click on Candy Crush Saga and click Uninstall.
- This will uninstall Candy Crush Saga. You can also uninstall it using PowerShell. Press the Windows key to bring up the Search (Start) menu. Type PowerShell in it. In the search results, Right click on Windows PowerShell (NOT Windows PowerShell ISE) and then choose Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command in Powershell and Press Enter.Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSaga
- After running the above command, complete detail of the Candy Crush Saga app will be displayed. Copy the text next to PackageFullName. It will be similar to king.com.CandyCrushSaga_1.540.1.0_x86__khqwnzmzfus32.
- After copying the PackageFullName, type the following command and replace the PackageFullName with the one you copied or with the one displayed.Remove-AppxPackage PackageFullName
- Press Enter to execute it and the app will be uninstalled.