A Google Account is a user account, which enables you to access all the products and services offered by Google. The best thing is that Google allows you to use the same Google Account across multiple devices.
Why do you need to remove a Device from your Google Account?
You need to remove a device from your Google Account for the following reasons:
- Your device has been lost or stolen.
- Your Google Account Password has been hacked.
- You want to sell your device.
In any of these cases, your data privacy is at a risk. Therefore, you should seek for some way through which you can prevent this from happening.
How to Remove a Device from your Google Account?
In order to remove a device from your Google Account, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Go to myaccount.google.com and login with your Google Account ID and Password. Once you manage to log in to your account successfully, the following page will appear on your screen:
- Now click on the Security tab located on the left pane of your Google Account window.
- In the Security Settings window, scroll down to Your Devices section and then click on the Manage Devices link.
- As soon as you will click on this link, you will be able to see all those devices that have access to your Google Account. Now select the device that you want to remove by clicking on its name. In this example, I want to remove the Samsung Galaxy S8+ from my Google Account as shown in the following image:
- Finally, click on the Remove button in order to remove that particular device from your Google Account.
As soon as you will click on this button, the said device will no longer have any access to your Google Account.