Several users are asking about how to restore deleted data that has been emptied from recycle bin. Whenever you delete files in Windows without holding shift, that data will be transferred to recycle bin. Users can restore the data deleted mistakenly through Recycle Bin but not permanently deleted data. However, there is still hope to restore the permanently deleted data, which we will tell in this article.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files?
Recycle Bin in Windows is a utility that helps the user to restore the deleted data from drives. However, after emptying recycle bin or deleting the data permanently, it is hard to recover data without using any third-party application. Windows do not have any recovering utility other than restoring the system to a restore point. Some well-known third-party applications are capable of restoring permanently deleted data. Whenever data is deleted from hard drive, it doesn’t mean it is lost, but it is just temporarily disabled/hidden until the new data is overwritten on it. Make sure it’s not been so long since you deleted data so that no other data is overwritten in its place. We will demonstrate some recovery application methods below to give you the idea about recovering lost data in Windows.
Method 1: Restoring Data by Using Recuva Software
In this method, we are using Recuva recovery application that is developed by Piriform. It is developed by the same developers who created CCleaner, so it’s a trusted application. Recuva is one of the top free recovery software that can easily recover the files removed from recycle bin. You can download it from the official Recuva website, install it and follow the steps below:
- Open Recuva application by double-clicking the shortcut on the desktop or open it by holding Windows key and Pressing S to open search function, type Recuva and Enter.
- Click Next on the welcome screen, now you will get file type option, choose All Files if you are not sure about the type of files you want to recover.
- Now tell the location of the lost files to program. You can select In the Recycle Bin option and click Next.
Note: If you want to recover files that were located somewhere else, you can specify the location or choose I’m not sure, which will scan all the possible files that can be recovered.
- Start a quick scan by clicking the Start button. You can also use deep scan by selecting it.
- After recovering files, you can simply view them as shown below or Switch to advanced mode.
Note: Advanced mode will tell you the status of the recovered files through color. Green files are in good condition, and red files are not recoverable.
- Select the files that you want to recover and click the Recover button. Select the location where you want the recover files to be saved and click OK.
- Once the process is complete, you can get your files back in the location you provided.
Method 2: Restoring Data by Using EaseUS Data Recovery Software
In this method, we will be using the EaseUS Data Recovery Software to restore the permanently deleted data on Windows. This software is not free as the above one, but it does the same job as the other. With the latest update, the EaseUS Data Recovery Software also has the Recycle Bin option when recovering data. You can download it from the official EaseUS website and follow the below steps:
- Open the EaseUS Data Recovery by double-clicking the shortcut on the desktop or hold Windows key and press S to open search function, then type EaseUS Data Data Recovery and Enter.
- Select the location that you want to recover data for on the main screen. In our case, we will select Recycle Bin and click on Scan.
- Wait for the scan to complete and you will find your deleted files by selecting the Recycle Bin in the left panel. Here you can select the files that you want to recover and click on Recover button.
- Provide the location where you want recovered files to be saved and click OK. It will be successfully completed and you can open the files in your folder.