Rebranding the OnePlus 6T from T-Mobile carrier ROM to international version has always required an unlocked bootloader, until now. The OnePlus modding community has figured out a method of rebranding the OnePlus 6T to the international ROM, without any unlock or root required. We’re not even going to use ADB!
It is a very simple procedure, just follow this guide closely. Note: This procedure will wipe your phone’s data, please backup all important user data before proceeding.
- First download both tools from the requirements section. Extract the MSMDownloadTool folder on your desktop.
- Turn off your OnePlus 6T, then hold Volume Up + Volume Down while connecting a USB cable to your PC.
- Check if your OnePlus 6T is recognized by Windows Device Manager. Look in Other > QUSB_BULK or Ports > Qualcomm.
- If it shows up in Other > QUSB_BULK, manually install the driver from the download link we provided. If its in Ports > Qualcomm, you may continue.
- Now extract the patched flasher tool’s .exe file to the same folder as the extracted MSMDownloadTool.
- Launch the MSMDownloadTool .exe, and click the “Start” button.
- It will take about 5 to 10 minutes to fully patch, when its done your OnePlus 6T will automatically reboot.
- If it worked correctly, you should see an OxygenOS logo during boot, instead of the T-Mobile logo.