For now, Super Mario Run is only available on iPhones, although the Android edition is in the works. However, hackers have created a version that looks exactly like the original on iOS in a quest to steal your details. After getting you to install what appears to be the game, they will install malware on your phone to track your movements and steal your personal information including your name, address and payment details. Don’t install any Super Mario Run apk until it’s an official release in the Play Store.
For now, you can pre-register for Super Mario Run and you will be notified as soon as the app is released to the Google Play Store. This article will show you how to pre-register and ways you can install the app once it becomes available.
Method 1: Using the Google Play Store
- Open the Play Store app on your Android phone, type Super Mario Run and select it (It’s developed by Nintendo Co., Ltd). You can also click this link to visit the app’s page.
- Tap Pre-register and then Got it after the screen saying you’ll be notified when the app is ready pops up
- When the Super Mario Run is ready to download in the Play Store, you’ll be notified. Tap on the notification to enter the app’s page and then tap Install to download.
Method 2: Installing the APK
You can only proceed with this step if the game is live in the Play Store.
- Go to APK Downloader and Super Mario Run APK will download automatically. You might have to verify yourself as a human before proceeding with the download.
- Go to Settings > Security and turn on Install from unknown sources
- Once the APK is downloaded to your device, open the APK file by tapping on this download notification or from your file manager at SDCard > Downloads > Super Mario Run.apk
- Tap on Install and wait while the game install.
- When the installation is completed, tap Open.