Many HP Scanjet scanner users are complaining that their scanners are not compatible with Windows 10.
HP explicitly accepts that certain older scanners such as HP Scanjet 3670 are not supported and do not have any HP driver options available for use in Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating systems.
HP recommends to use third-party alternative scan software solutions for some of their older scanners. It does also recommend to upgrade to a newer product when a third-party solution doesn’t seem to work which may cost you some extra money.
The problem is not with your scanner and you can follow the following method to install your HP Scanjet 3670 on Windows 10 and avoid any upgrade.
Since HP support center does not specifically provide Windows 10 drivers for HP Scanjet 3670 digital Flatbed Scanner, first of all, you will have to download the Windows 7 drivers and software from the drop down menu from here
- Hold the Windows Key and Press R. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter.
- In the Programs and Features, uninstall any HP Scanner software that you may have already installed.
- Unplug the USB cable from the computer end. Then restart the computer.
- Run the Download Setup File, it will Unzip a file to your computer. Usually to C:\SW Distribution, or Drivers.
- Note: If the driver file fails, browse to the folder on the C: drive, open it and right click Setup.exe.
- Choose Properties/Compatibility and Make it compatible with Windows 7 and Run as Administrator.
During the install, it will tell you when to turn on the scanner and plug in the USB cable to the back-USB port of the computer Or wait till the driver installs then plug it in.
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here