Google Chrome and Mozilla’s Firefox are the most popular browsers out there due to their fast speeds and easy to use interface. Both the browsers are equal in terms of performance and in the end, the choice comes down to personal preference. Both the browsers allow users to “Bookmark” a certain website or page. Clicking on the bookmark takes the user directly to the site without having to type in the address.
This feature is used by almost everybody and some users have hundreds of bookmarks on their browser. If you are making a switch from one browser to another, the browsers don’t provide any convenient method of transferring bookmarks. Therefore, in this article, we will teach you how to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox.
How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox?
It sure is a problem having to enter all your Chrome bookmarks again on the new browser. Therefore, below we have compiled the easiest method to share bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox. Depending upon the version of Firefox you are using the method might differ a little.
For Older Versions:
- Open “Chrome” and launch a new tab.
- Click on the “Three Dots” on the top right corner to open the menu.
- Select “Bookmarks” and click on the “Bookmark Manager” option.
- Click on the “Organize” button in the top right corner.
- Select “Export Bookmarks” and select the location where you want to save the Bookmarks.
- Now, Open Firefox and click on the “Menu” button in the top right corner.
- Click on the “Customize” option and drag the “Bookmarks Menu” button into the “Overflow Menu” screen.
- Open a new tab on Firefox and click on the “More Tools” option on the right of the Menu button.
- Select “Bookmarks Menu” and click on the “Show All Bookmarks” option at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the “Import and Backup” option and select “Import Bookmarks From HTML“.
- Select the HTML file that we extracted from chrome in the “5th” step.
- Restart Firefox and the bookmarks will be added.
For Newer Versions:
- Open Firefox and launch a new tab.
- Press the “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “B” to open the Bookmarks tab.
- Click on the “Import and Backup” option.
- Select the “Import from another browser” button.
- In the new window, select “Chrome” and click on “Next“.
- The browser will automatically import the bookmarks from “Chrome“.