The Xiaomi Mi A1 is one of the most popular Xiaomi phones, due to its premium performance for a budget device. It is also Xiaomi’s first phone to be nearly completely powered by Android One, instead of MIUI.
LineageOS is also one of the most popular custom ROMs for a large variety of devices, and it has been updated to version 16.0 for the Xiaomi Mi A1 on an unofficial build.
It is very stable so far, the only known issue being a green tint in HAL1 camera apps. In this guide, we will show you how to flash this latest LineageOS 16.0 release on the Xiaomi Mi A1.
Note: All unofficial builds beginning with 20181229 are fully based on stock P and require at least V10.0.3.0 firmware. As Pie firmware is known for causing issues with LTE bands on some devices, force update is NOT recommended. 20181222 build is guaranteed to work on O firmware. This means you need to flash official 10.0.3 firmware if you are on 9.6.8 Oreo firmware.
- First download the LineageOS 16.0 ROM for Xiaomi Mi A1, and the OpenGApps packages.
- Transfer all of the downloaded files to your SD card.
- Turn off your Mi A1, and boot into TWRP recovery. This Appuals article has steps for installing TWRP on the Xiaomi Mi A1 if you do not already have TWRP on your device.
- Boot into TWRP using Volume Up + Power while your Mi A1 is powered off.
- When you’re in TWRP, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe > and select the checkboxes for Dalvik / ART Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Do not wipe Internal Storage!
- Swipe to begin the wipe process, and wait for it to finish.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu, and tap Install > SD Card > choose the LineageOS .zip file you transferred earlier.
- Swipe to begin the flash. When it is finished, install the OpenGApps .zip file in the same method.
- When its done, hit “Reboot System”. Enjoy LineageOS!