Amazon is a great platform for both sellers and buyers. It allows buyers to interact with millions of products from their home while creating endless selling opportunities for the sellers. Despite the continued support to sellers, there have recently been a lot of reports of a “you cannot sign up for this account because of your incompatible account status” error while trying to use an Amazon seller account or creating a new one.
This error was observed by a lot of users and the support provides no fix for it. In this article, we will discuss the reason due to which this error is triggered and also provide you with a viable solution to eradicate it completely.
What Causes the “you cannot sign up for this account because of your incompatible account status” Error?
After receiving numerous reports from multiple users, we decided to investigate the issue and devised a solution that fixed the error for most of our users. Also, we looked into the reason due to which it is triggered and listed it below:
- Account Termination: Amazon has a strict policy for account termination. If the seller’s account hasn’t been used for a long time or certain malicious activities have been reported against the account it is terminated permanently. Now, this termination comes with an even bigger blow to the seller, the email used for the terminated account cannot be reused to create a new selling account. If the user is trying to sign up for a selling account using an email that was previously linked to an account that was terminated, this error is triggered.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the nature of the problem, we will move on towards the solution. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid conflict.
Solution: Altering Email
In this solution, we will use a simple trick to sign up for a selling account using the same email that was linked to the terminated account. In order to do that:
- Open your browser and navigate to this link.
- Now while signing up, add a “+” or a “.” sign to your the email address that you are using.
- Most email services don’t count “+” or “.” as a letter and just choose to ignore them, this can be used to sign up for multiple online services while using just one email.
- The email address “Someone@domain.com” will become “Someoneemail@example.com“.
- After writing the email address, sign up and check to see if the issue persists.