A DLL is a library that contains code and data that can be used by more than one program at the same time. There will be events in which a software will require specific DLLs to run, and you might not have installed these libraries.
The following DLLs mfreadwrite.dll and WMVcore.dll come with Windows Media Player, however versions N and KN of Windows 10 do not include Windows Media Player as such if you use a software that requires them you will get an error of Missing DLLs.
Method 1: Installing Windows Media Player on N and KN Versions of Windows
- Download the Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 from here
- If you have Windows 10 version 1607, also download the following file from here
- Install Media Player and related technologies software on the computer from the downloaded files.
Another DLL that is frequent to cause errors is Msvcp120.dll which comes included in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
Method 2: Installing Microsoft Visual C++ Libraries
- Visit this site
- Select your language and choose either exe or vcredist_x86.exe depending on your operating system architecture.
- Install the downloaded software.