If you’re using a Windows Phone, error 805a8011 indicates that there is a sync error with your Microsoft Account. As a consequence, you won’t be able to get any updates on any apps you have installed, as well as install anything new. Phone updates will be unavailable as well.
This issue can be fixed if you solve the sync error with your Microsoft Account, and to do that, there are a few things that you should check and do. Follow the steps described below, they will show you what to check and what to look for. Note that before you check them, you should see if you have a good Wi-Fi network, as that may also cause issues.
Check for errors with your Microsoft Account’s sync
- Open Settings, navigate to Emails and account and open your Microsoft account. See if there is any error message or code next to your account.
- Log on to http://account.live.com with your account, and make sure all your personal info is filled in.
- Log on to http://xbox.com with your Microsoft account. Go to My account, then Payment and billing.
- Make sure your billing address is filled in.
- Once everything is done, hold the Volume Down and Power button for around 15 seconds, until your phone restarts. This is a soft reset and doesn’t delete any data.