Error 3219 followed by Error 0x8DE00005 (which is the HEX Code) for the actual error means that your Windows Live Mail cannot connect to the Hotmail / Outlook or MSN servers in order to retrieve your mail. This issue is seen only when the users have configured their WLM to connect and sync mail over the Secure HTTPS link (delta sync). This has been the cause of concern, for many years and quiet often WLM stops working when there is an update on the servers, or when the servers are overloaded.
Traditionally, those using e-mail applications like Windows Live Mail should have configured their account as an IMAP or a POP account. To address this issue, what we’re going to do is delete/remove the existing account, and re-add it as a POP or IMAP account. IMAP is a better option since it allows real-time sync and can work simultaneously on a number of devices.
How to Fix Server Error 3219 or 0x8de00005 on Windows Live Mail
To fix this issue you will need to reconfigure your account. Follow the steps below:
- To re-configure your account – Click the Accounts Tab and Click the + symbol with the @ sign.
- Type your e-mail address, password and display name.
- Place a check on “Manually Configure Server Settings”
- Under “Incoming Server Information” select “IMAP” as server type.
- In the Server Address field, type outlook.office365.com and in port type 993
- Place a check on “Requires a secure connection SSL”
- Under “Outgoing Server Information” type smtp-mail.outlook.com as server address and in port type 587
- Place a check on “Requires a secure connection SSL” and “Requires Authentication”
- Click Next. And you’re done, you should now see a new account added in the left pane of your Windows Live Mail.
If you wish to move messages from the previously added account, you can drag messages and drop them to the appropriate folders.
All Your messages will be re-downloaded, except for Sent Messages which you can drag and drop.
After your account is setup, you can remove the previous account by right clicking on it and selecting “Remove Account“