Updates to the software involve various fixes for the better experience on iOS. But however they also cause new issues to arrive.
After the iOS 10.2 update some people are reporting that “messages” app is crashing. The result is not allowing the users to read or send text messages.
Looking closely into the matter, we can say that it’s a software bug or maybe a conflict while updating the iPhone. No update is yet out to fix the issue but we got your back!
Here are some methods that can resolve the issue:
Method 1: Turning off some settings
Users got rid of the problem by turning off “Auto-Capitalisation”, “Auto Correction”, “Check Spelling” and “Predictive”.
To turn off these options go to “Settings”, then scroll down and tap on “General”. Now scroll down and select “Keyboard”. Turn off all the listed options.
Method 2: Hard Reset
Press and hold down “Home Button” and “Sleep/Wake button” simultaneously until Apple logo appears. After this let the device restart and check if the app is working.
If the app still crashes, don’t worry! Just keep up with us.
Method 3: Reset All Settings
Many were able to overcome the issue by resetting their device’s all settings.
- Launch “Settings”, scroll down to “General” and click it.
- Scroll all the way down to “Reset” and tap on “Reset All Settings”
- Enter your pass code and tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm again.
If you’re still in trouble then you need to jump towards the last step.
Method 4: Restore from iTunes
If you were unlucky then you need to install a fresh copy of iOS 10.2 via iTunes. Restoring from a new software refreshes your phone completely. Before restoring through new software you need to back up your device (for restoring the data afterwards) and update iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or Pc
- Launch iTunes and click on the small iPhone logo below the options menu bar.
- Now click on the “Summary” option from the left panel.
- On the right look for the option “Restore iPhone…”
- Click on that, it will ask you to back up your phone.
- After this a license agreement will came up for downloading the firmware, Accept it and the download will begin.
- After the download you will be asked again to restore from fresh software. Confirm it and you are good to go!
PRO TIP: If the issue is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you should try using the Reimage Plus Software which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. You can download Reimage Plus by Clicking Here