The “Res://aaResources.dll/104” error can be troublesome if you don’t know the reason behind it. The error can present itself in Internet Explorer 11 with a “Page cannot be displayed” message. If you check the task manager then you might also see the “Res://aaResources.dll/104” executing in the task manager along with several other unknown tasks. If you try to shut it down or end the task then it will automatically start again.
The error happens because of the Amazon’s plugin component for Internet Explorer 11. Since the plugin is for IE 11, it displays the error in the IE 11. The problem can easily be solved by either disabling or uninstalling the plugin.
Method 1: Repair Corrupt System Files
Download and run Restoro to scan and restore corrupt and missing files from here, once done proceed with the solutions below. It is important to ensure that all system files are intact and not corrupt before proceeding with the solutions below.
Method 2: Disabling or Uninstalling Amazon plugin
- Press the Windows Key once.
- Type Internet Explorer and select Internet Explorer from the results
- Click the tools option (located on the top right corner) and select Manage Ads-on
- Select Amazon plugin and click Disable
Now the extension is disabled. Check if the “Res://aaResources.dll/104” is gone. If you want to completely uninstall the plugin/app then follow these steps
- Hold Windows key and press X.
- Select Programs and Features
- Select Amazon 1buttonapp and click Change
- Select Next
- Click Remove whenever it asks and select Ok the computer asks for permission.
Now the Amazon plugin is completely uninstalled and there shouldn’t be any problem. If you can still see the task in the task bar then restart the computer and it should be fixed by now.