Homegroup is a feature built into Windows for home users where they can share PC resources with other PCs on the network that are part of the Home Group network. Whilst Homegroup is a great feature, it has it’s pros and cons and if configured incorrectly, it can prevent the users from day to day activities. One such issue that this article will help with is the error 2147500037.
“Your homegroup password couldn’t be printed. An error occurred while Windows was trying to print your homegroup password. (Error code: 2147500037)”
This error is related to Internet Explorer, because of the way Microsoft has designed many of it’s program to be dependent on Internet Explorer. When Internet Explorer is not the default browser, you will get this error. The easiest way to fix this is to re-configure Internet Explorer as your default web browser.
Solution: Set Internet Explorer as your default web browser
Follow the steps below to setup Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- Click on the Windows Start Button and in the search field type: default. When the search returns Default Programs, click on it to open the Default Programs screen.
- At the default programs screen, click on the Set your default programs option.
- A screen will open that lists all the installed programs that can be configured as some sort of default in Windows. Select Internet Explorer and click on the Set this program as default button.
- Press the OK button to exit the Control Panel
- The selected browser is now set as the default. You should be able to print your homegroup password now.