Getting an error code 0x800610A3, along with a pop-up message saying that you need to contact a Microsoft Technician at a given number, is only one of the numerous fake errors that you might get while browsing. Their goal is to make you call the number, which will cost you a lot, and the people behind it may even try to charge you for their support service, which is, of course, fake.
You will get this pop-up usually while browsing, and it appears on a number of websites. These websites are too many, and as new ones appear, they’re getting impossible to shut down. Therefore, you need to be careful what you open and how you react to this kind of pop-ups.
The only solution for this problem is to close Edge as soon as you get this pop-up, and try not to let the browser open the site where you got it again. If this doesn’t work, follow the steps in the methods below.
Method 1: Close your browser via the Task Manager
If you can’t close your browser via the X in the corner, it might be that the pop-up is preventing you from doing that. In that case, follow these steps:
- Press simultaneously the ALT, CONTROL and DELETE buttons on your keyboard.
- Once inside the Task Manager, switch to the Processes You should find Edge there, the exact process name is Microsoft Edge, click it. Click End Task or End Process in the lower right corner. Your browser should now close, and you shouldn’t have the issue again.
Method 2: Close Edge via a Command Prompt
If Task Manager fails too, you can close Edge via a Command Prompt command. Doing so requires the following steps:
- Press the Windows key, and type in cmd, Right-click cmd result, and choose Run as administrator.
- You now have a choice of two commands to type and execute, here are both, explained:
- Press Enter on your keyboard to execute it afterwards. It will close Edge, no questions asked, and the pop-up is gone.
After this Reset your Edge browser by following instructions here: Reset Microsoft Edge
When you’ve closed the browser and gotten rid of the pop-up, you should be careful not to open the same website again. If you do, you will get the same problem again. And very important, never call the number the pop-up tells you to call unless you are certain that it isn’t a fake number made to charge you a lot.